Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mrs. Laura Beussman

This past weekend was a busy one as well.  My summers are always filled each weekend with all kinds of activities.  This was a special weekend though because I got to see one of my favorite girls for her Bachelorette party and wedding in Austin!

I traveled to Austin Saturday morning and met up with my bestie Crystal.  Thank you to her for letting me crash all weekend!  We grabbed a quick lunch at Shady Grove and then went home to get ready.  She had a wedding that night (Congrats to Jennie and Jake!) and I had Laura's Bachelorette Party. 

For the Bachelorette Party, the hostesses had organized a party bus to pick everyone up and I was the last stop at around 6:15.  We then headed to dinner at The Grove Wine Bar for our 6:30 reservation.  We enjoyed a lovely four course meal there and everyone's company.  It was a group of 12 girls from multiple stages in Laura's life so there was a lot of reminiscing going on - super fun!

We then took the party bus downtown and roamed around 4th and 6th streets to some fun bars including Qua and Pure.  Here's a pic of some of the ladies.


After the party bus left to take the girls home, I took a cab to meet up with Crystal and Michelle at a nearby bar.  The three of us proceeded to eat too much Whataburger (WB and the three of us all share the same hometown) and have a slumber party at Crystal's house. 

The wedding wasn't until Monday morning so Sunday we drank some mimosas, hung out poolside and went to see Bad Teacher at the Alamo Drafthouse for dinner.  The move was super hilarious and I recommend everyone going to check it out!  In addition, there was a girl that was kicked out of the Alamo Drafthouse awhile back for texting and she left an angry voicemail there and they have since used the voicemail for their Don't text during the movie ad right before the movie starts.  I've inserted it here from YouTube for your viewing pleasure because it is also hilarious!


Laura's wedding was Monday morning at 10:30 so I got ready early and headed out of Crystal's when she left for work.  I was able to swing by Emily's and hang out with Little Miss Willa for an hour. She is such a smiley baby!  It felt so good to walk in and see her and she's just smiling back at you.  We played in her bouncer and did some tummy time and then I got to put her to bed for her 10 am nap!

I got to the wedding and the weather was perfect.  We gathered for the outdoor ceremony and then enjoyed the wonderful brunch reception inside Mercury Hall.  It was great to see old friends and to see Laura so happy. Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. David Beussman!! 

Look at her pretty veil!

Me and the Beautiful Bride at the Reception

No comments:

Post a Comment