April 2nd we started the month off right welcoming my sister Jessica back to Houston. Jess had just spent the past six weeks traveling to India for work and then to Paris and London for fun. We had all missed our dear 150% friend and got together at Porch Swing Pub to celebrate. We also enjoyed watching the final four games. On a side note, I ended up winning third place in my bracket because even though I had some terrible picks, I was one of three people to pick Connecticut to win it all - so of course, I got third place :) If you need help with your bracket next year, just let me know ;)

The next day was Lindsay's bridal shower hosted by the 150%ers. We got together for a lovely brunch at Mia Bella Trattoria downtown. It was fun celebrating Linds and her upcoming nuptials to Bryce! We stayed talking and having fun for hours!

The second weekend of April was the Bloman wedding! Ladd was an usher in the wedding so we had the rehearsal dinner on Friday night and then the wedding on Saturday. Now this couple is particularly special to the Williams Family as they met a few years back at my birthday party. Linds was our friend from work and Bryce was Ladd's friend from Tech and they both decided to come out to Jonny's to celebrate my bday. After meeting and chatting, they realized they both had a love for running and after meeting up a few days later, the rest was history. Which brings us to the rehearsal at Pappadeaux.
The wedding was at 3 at St. Paul's. It was a gorgeous ceremony and Lindsay was a stunning bride. It was so fun to have all the Tech folks in town for the wedding too! We headed to Brennan's for the reception which was fabulous. The upstairs at Brennan's is just gorgeous and I loved all of the beautiful flowers! Ladd and I had reserved seats at Table #2. I had told the 150%ers to make sure and grab the table next to #2 and Sara paid attention. She scored some prime real estate of a table right next to us, Bloman, and the dance floor! We enjoyed some amazing food and spent the rest of the night on the dance floor, of course! We blew the couple bubbles on their way out.
After the wedding, the big group headed out to the Roosevelt, one of our fave spots for some bottle service and to meet up with the Holdens to celebrate Lauren's bday! Shadi and Farouk joined us and we had a great time. What a fun weekend!
Now the next weekend was a big weekend as well. Saturday was Annie "150%" Clymer's birthday crawfish boil at Patrick's house. I love me some crawfish and some ALC too so it was a great day. I think it should become an annual event! Patrick boiled up 100 pounds of crawfish for everyone and there was a great turnout with perfect weather.

I headed home early but I heard the party continued on late into the night - sad I missed it. I had to get up early on Sunday for my drive to Austin. I hit the road at 8:30 AM to get to Austin in time for brunch with Crystal and Emily. We headed to Taverna for a great brunch and then came back to Em's house to continue the mimosas and play with Willa Bear. She's such a cutie!

Em and I headed out that night for some wedding fun. Ashley Serrao has been a friend of mine and Emily's since we were in elementary school and it was great to be with her on her big day. She looked beautiful and her and Edward are so happy together. We got home from Ashley's wedding and Em and I enjoyed watching our favorite movie, Mean Girls, before heading off to bed.
Easter weekend we headed down to Corpus for some quality family time. Eric came to Houston and rode down to CC with the Williams fam. Alex, Morgan and Mallory were down in CC too so it was the whole Martinez family. We BBQed on Saturday and Jackie, Layla, Emily, Willa, and Crystal joined us by the pool. It was fun to have so many kiddos around.


That night we headed to Vanessa's parents house for a good ole Corpus party. We all had a great time and it was fabulous to see my girls and mi familia.

We ended the month with the pub crawl for Cancer. 20 of us got together for a day of drinking for a good cause. We crawled around midtown to five bars. It was a great group and we had lots of fun. We will likely make this an annual event! Here is a pic of the ladies at the first stop on the crawl -
Welcome to the Blogging world!!! Love the post so far!
ReplyDelete